Or at least that's how xstun_my_painx
referred to it. She tagged me, and I'm guessing it's to give 20 random facts about myself. Hey, that'll take my mind off the bullshit I went through at work today. Jesus H. Chriminy. Anyway, onward.
1. My junior and senior year of high school, I was the lead guitarrist for a metal band. We were all classmates and had been jamming together for a while. I also traded off singing with my friend. The only gig we got was at senior after prom, but it rocked. I hardly remember it, though.
2. I love all types of music, but I really appreciate jazz and hard metal most of all. I know, what a crazy contradiction. But jazz is so detailed and intricate and interesting. I can dig old jazz like Oscar Peterson and Dave Brubeck and new jazz like Spyro Gyra and David Sanborn. And metal (good metal, of course) is a hell of a way to feel good. Favorites there would be bands like Slayer, old Metallica, Anthrax, Megadeth, Killswitch Engage, In Flames, Sepultura, etc. etc.
3. On that music note, I absolutely, positively despise emo of any kind. Even a metal song with an emo tinge to it is not acceptable.
4. The hair on my head grows so slowly that I only need a hair cut about once a month. Hell yeah, way to save some money.
5. I have a book of about 150 handwritten songs, and about 75 of them typed out, in a thick purple binder. These are songs spanning the last 8 years or so, and all are also in Word documents on my computer, but I've always felt the need to hang on to my original hard copy. For sentimental reasons, I guess.
6. When I was younger, my brother Brett worked at McDonald's. When they were selling those Power Ranger toys (This must've been when I was about 8 or 9, Jesus), he managed to steal one a night for me, so I got the whole set. I never opened them, and I think I still have them somewhere. I also have a fairly decent sized tub of other Happy Meal toys that my brother pilfered for me.
7. I ended up working at the same McDonald's when I turned 16. I didn't stay long, only about 6 months, before I was hired at a record store and kept that job for 3 years.
8. I was emancipated at age 17. I moved in with my girlfriend at the time, who was 19 and added me to her lease. It took me almost a year to come up with the money and go through the process.
9. Every car I've owned has been a Nissan, and a different kind of Nissan. A little better every time, in fact.
10. I can't stand wearing sunglasses. I'll take a blinding glare in my face before I'll put on sunglasses. Basically, the idea that I'm not seeing things in the color they're meant to be in freaks me out subconsciously, I'm guessing.
11. I can't stand Jell-O, pudding, custard, yogurt, or anything with a cream filling like Twinkies or eclairs. It's the texture and...God forbid, the way it looks when it's on the spoon...if it drips...EEEEEEW!!!!
12. When I was 13, me and my cousins went down to the "forbidden" area by my house we named Hangman's Bluff, to go sledding. It was quite the treacherous hill, but we'd gotten good at maneuvering around it. So, I got on my sled and it was business as usual, then suddenly my shit hit a rock, flipped upside-down, and my head came down on the rock. I ended up at the the hospital with stitches in my head, and a huge bump I still have to this day.
13. I actually know several country line dances. I learned them at a country night club. They used to host a family night, and my parents went quite frequently and took
me along. I know how to 2-Step and 3-Step as well. I don't make that common knowledge.
14. The most embarassing moment I ever had at work was 2 Christmases ago, when I was attempting to carry a tray of goosenecks (metal dressing holders) through a maze of tables and chairs and people. This guy stuck out his leg right as I walked by and I tripped. Lucky for him only one gooseneck fell, but it was ranch dressing all over his shirt. I remember throwing the tray on a jack, grabbing his arm and vigorously scrubbing it with a napkin before thinking to myself, "what the hell are you doing?"
15. In my 4-year span since being out of my parents' house, I have lived with 9 roommates. Only about 2 of those would I consider still friends.
16. For a very short time, right after I broke up with my girlfriend in '04, me and the roomies sold dime bags of weed downtown to come up with a couple bucks. I hung out for a couple of weeks in the drug parks with homeless people and it was actually pretty effin cool. I was paranoid as fuck, though. The heat was coming down, we couldn't stay long.
17. I'm a song lyric guru. I know the words to thousands of songs.
18. I have absolutely no desire whatsoever to do anything considered "thrill-seeking." This includes but is not limited to bungee jumping, sky diving, deep sea diving, mountain biking, kayaking, white-water rafting, going on a safari, climbing a mountain, water skiing, snow skiing, or riding on roller coasters. I mean, big whoop. An adrenaline rush. Bah.
19. I used to absorb myself in crossword puzzles. But there was only one time I finished an entire New York Times crossword. Those fuckers are hard.
20. I can't stand the phrase, "I need you to..." It sends me into fits of rage. I would rather be asked politely to do something than be told somebody needs
me to do it. You don't need me to do jack mother fuckin' shit.
P.S. This one is open to anyone who would like to do it. And it's educational and fun, so who can say no?